Custom Memorials in Spokane, WA
Looking for a granite bench marker? Call Genesis Granite today for a personal consultation!
Genesis Granite provides the highest quality memorials and monuments with deliveries to all cemeteries in Spokane, WA and surrounding areas. Our experienced artisans proudly offer a variety of colors, shapes and styles for all budgets and specifications. We strive to beautifully honor your loved ones' lifetimes with lasting headstones, slants, benches, pillows, flat markers and any other memorial you can imagine.
All memorials will get dirty after some period of time. Remember that it took quite a while for the stone to get dirty, therefore it will take a bit of time and effort to get it clean again! Here are some tips on how to care for your memorial:
- It takes a lot of water, as much as twenty gallons, to clean a monument. Be sure to bring a lot of water with you if there is none on site.
- Never use a wire brush. Instead, use a good fiber brush or even a denture brush with long bristles to help with those deep grooves.
- Never clean a hot stone or in hot weather because it can dry too fast and leave spots and streaks.
- Start by soaking the stone completely with clean water and keep the stone wet at all times. Splashing dirty water onto dry stone will leave a spot.
- Scrub by hand with just water and elbow grease! On a vertical monument, start at the bottom and work your way up.
- Rinse by cleaning the brush then rinse the stone with clean water while scrubbing with the brush. This is very important since any dirty water left will dry leaving an obvious dirty spot behind.
- It will probably take twice as much time, effort and water to clean the unpolished parts of the stone as compared to the polished parts.
- Rinse your brush thoroughly and give the monument a complete scrubbing rinse all with clean water. Then repeat for a final rinse.
- You can use a soap solution of dishwasher soap like Cascade or Electrasol and water in the case of hard water or difficult stains. Make sure you dissolve the detergent completely so that no abrasive is left and rinse thoroughly.
- Stay away from any other cleaners because most of them have strong chemicals and can damage the stone. If you have a stone you can't get clean, let us know and we can help you!